BEACON BRIGHTER TOMORROWS SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship fund provides financial assistance for post-secondary education to dependent students of workers who have sustained a work related injury. Scholarship awards will be made annually and are renewable up to four years, contingent on good academic standing.
- Be a dependent child whose parent sustained a work related injury with an employer who had workers’ compensation insurance with Beacon Mutual Insurance Company and whose parent collected at least 6 months of qualifying indemnity benefits with at least some of the payment occurring during the past calendar year.
- Be a dependent child whose parent sustained a work related injury with an employer who had workers’ compensation insurance with Beacon Mutual Insurance Company and whose parent collected for an accepted permanently total disability or dependent(s) collected for an accepted fatal claim, either resulting in a favorable and final resolution.
- Accepted into an accredited post-secondary institution (including an academic, trade, or vocational program) on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Maintained a grade point average of “C” or better for the past two years
- Be a United States citizen or legal resident
- Has demonstrated financial need
A completed application includes:
- A completed application including financial aid information
- Most recent high school transcript
- A copy of your student aid report calculated upon completion of the FAFSA
- One recommendation from an educator or mentor
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school
Applications may be requested from The Rhode Island Foundation, Beacon claim representative, or downloaded here. Applications must arrive by June 15, 2013 and must be mailed to:
Beacon Brighter Tomorrows Scholarship
The Rhode Island Foundation
One Union Station
Providence, RI 02903