In many work situations, employees are required to perform jobs at elevated heights using aerial lift or scissor lift. Unsafe use of this equipment can lead to serious injury, and in many cases can be fatal. This classroom-based training will provide students with the knowledge and resources they need to safely operate aerial lift equipment. Students will learn the common hazards associated with aerial lifts and safe work practices used to prevent accidents such as falls and tip-overs.
- Upon completion of the aerial lift seminar, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the training requirements for operating an aerial lift
- Understand daily and periodic inspection requirements
- Recognize safe work practices for operating and performing work on an aerial lift
- Identify potential worksite hazards that may cause equipment tip-over
Attendees do not receive aerial lift certifications. Because most equipment will vary in design and operation, aerial lift operators should also receive hands-on training on the specific equipment they will be operating. This must be done by a qualified person.