This seminar will be offered as an online webinar. Your registration confirmation email will provide webinar access details.
OSHA identifies public storage and warehousing as one of several industries with a high lost time injury rate. During the seminar, attendees will be given the tools to identify hazards associated with warehousing, storage, and rack safety procedures to help create a safe working environment.
This seminar will highlight applicable OSHA standards including Forklifts/Powered Industrial Trucks, Walking & Working Surfaces, Guarding Floor & Wall Opening, Emergency Egress Safety, Material Handling, Worksite Analysis, Hazardous Communication, Personal Protective Equipment and Fire Safety. Additional topics that will be discussed are Rack Safety, Awareness Programs, Behavior Based Safety, Loading Docks, Stacking & Storage Techniques and Safety Committees.
After attending this seminar you should understand:
- How to conduct rack inspections, prevent rack damages and reduce collapses
- How to safely store & stack merchandise
- Why is it important to conduct self-inspections of the facility
- How to increase production, lower costs, and reduce the chance of injury by concentrating on housekeeping
- How to involve all levels of employees in safety programs
This interactive seminar is taught through lecture with slides. It is intended for company owners, human resource staff and/or workers’ compensation coordinators, safety coordinators, managers, supervisors or any representative within your organization who may be involved with the development of a warehousing, storage and rack safety program.