Impacting Our Community
The vision of the Foundation is to raise money and make grants to recognized 501(c)(3) charitable organizations in the United States. All requests for funds made to the Foundation must meet the following objectives:
- Promote good corporate citizenship and general goodwill throughout the State of Rhode Island
- Support sponsorships and donating gifts that “make a difference” and are consistent with the Foundation’s vision and values
The Foundation embraces the value of building stakeholder relationships through the support of Rhode Island’s business, educational, non-profit and cultural community. It aims to provide opportunities for organizations in the community who share its vision, to partner through volunteerism, donations and grants. Through volunteering opportunities, the Foundation can provide individuals and organizations the ability to use their specialized skills and available time to better the lives of those around them. Through the issuance of donations and grants, the Foundation will partner with several statewide 501(c)(3) organizations for targeted projects to further improve the State of Rhode Island.
The Beacon Foundation shall make donations and provide grants to U.S. based 501(c)(3) organizations, and municipalities. These organizations may include 501(c)(3) entities with missions focusing on health, wellness, education, prevention, disability management and other charitable and civic causes, primarily in Rhode Island. The Foundation will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Board shall review requests for financial support at its regular meetings intended to be held on a quarterly basis. All requests for funding should include the following:
- Name and address of the organization
- Name of the chief executive officer and/or executive director of the organization
- Indication of tax exempt status as a qualified 501(c)(3) organization
- Statement of the nature and principal purpose of the funding request including details on how the request will improve the State of Rhode Island and support its business, educational, non-profit and cultural community
- Contact information, including the name, phone number and email address for the individual responsible for the funding request and web address for the organization (if applicable)