Beacon is pleased to offer the Forklift Train-The-Trainer program provided by The National Safety Council. This training will assist participants in presenting forklift training in a classroom setting and also conducting “hands-on” training and evaluations. The class is restricted to one trainer per company. The course is intended for those insureds who have 10 or more forklift operators.
Key points to be addressed are in accord with OSHA’s standard CFR 1910.78:
- Forklift trainers must have the knowledge, training, and experience to train powered industrial truck operators and evaluate their competence.
- Forklift training should consist of both formal classroom and hands-on training. Hands-on training and evaluation must be workplace and vehicle specific.
- Forklift operators should understand: the similarities and differences between the forklift and an automobile.
- Employees should be aware of differences in their operating environment.
- Refresher training should be provided when: an operator is assigned to another truck, the hazards in the work environment change, or the operator is driving dangerously, involved in an accident, or has a “near miss.”