Job Safety Analysis (JSA) is a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. The JSA is a participatory process, requiring input, feedback and cooperative effort for line employees, supervisors and upper management. This seminar provides participants with a step-by-step overview of the JSA process, and examines the participants’ role in the JSA.
This seminar is taught through lecture, demonstrations and workshops. Attendees analyze sample work tasks to familiarize themselves with the basic elements of the JSA process, including:
- Breaking the job task into components
- Identifying hazards inherent in task performance
- Specifying hazard controls
Upon completion of the Job Safety Analysis seminar, attendees will be able to:
- Be coherent in specific work tasks and operating procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs
- Prepare an action plan for implementing a JSA program
- Teach others to execute their roles in the JSA process Attendees should include safety committee members, team leaders, managers, human resource personnel, and those who need an overview of job safety analysis in order to participate knowledgeably in the JSA process.