All Beacon’s Safety Seminars are free to policyholders.
On any given day, a countless number of American workers operate or are exposed to machinery and equipment while performing their work duties. In fact, it is hard to imagine performing even routine tasks without the aid of machinery. According to OSHA statistics, on a yearly basis, machine guarding ranks among the Top 10 of OSHA citations issued. Due to the potential for serious injury, machine guarding will continue to be a focus during OSHA inspections. This seminar will provide attendees with awareness level training specific to OSHA’s General Industry Machine Guarding Standards (29 CFR 1910 Subpart O, Standards: 1910.211-1910.219).
The seminar covers:
- Basic concepts, principles, and methods of machine guarding
- Common causes of machine incidents and how to avoid them
- Areas that need to be guarded to provide adequate worker protection
- Best Practices: How to apply basic machine guarding principles when specific issues are not covered in the regulation
- Understand the key elements of the regulation and the basics of guarding principles
- Recognize the importance of machine guarding in preventing injuries
- Apply the regulation to specific types of equipment in your workplace
- Determine what areas need guarding and what type of guard(s) may be appropriate