This Snow Removal from Roof Tops seminar will help you understand the risks associated with rooftop snow removal and ensure that your company has proper controls in place to help minimize the risks of working on snow-covered roofs.
There is no worse time to send any employee onto a roof than during adverse weather conditions, especially winter weather conditions. Even trained roofing professionals are more at risk when working around ice and snow. Beacon Mutual does not encourage employers to conduct roof repairs, engage in snow removal or send employees aloft at any time unless the employees are trained professionals. Working on a snow-covered roof poses significant dangers, including serious falls and exposure to extreme cold.
This course will cover:
- Roof access
- Determining the maximum load limits of the roof
- Special tools, equipment, protective devices, clothing and footwear
- Types of fall protection will you need
- Special hazards on the roof that will be hidden from view by the snow
- Exposure to cold
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Develop a plan for safely accessing and cleaning roofs
- Know how to calculate snow loads
- Understand which special tools and protective devices are needed
- Provide employees with the knowledge and equipment to safely remove snow from roof tops
Safe roof snow removal can be achieved only if you combine thorough preparation with trained workers, proper protection, well-maintained equipment, and a healthy respect for the outdoor elements.